I have come to realize lately how blessed my family and I are. How God has blessed us, all of us, no matter where you are, are blessed by God. We had a wonderful church service at the building we attend. The people in this building, the body of the church, are so loving, such a caring church, one who loves to reach out to those who hurt, bind up the wounded, a church that wants to care for those who are sinners, like we the whole body of Christ, the church of God. We study the Bible & try our hardest to follow the instructions that Christ laid down for us, trying to pattern our church-our individual lives-to be more Christ like.
We studied Psalms, the whole chapter of Psalms 119, the longest chapter in the Bible. Psalms 119, discusses our hurts, struggles, & joy of our lives, your life. We looked at Psalms 32-which says in vs. 7-
Psalms 32:7 says:
- You are my hiding place;
- You shall preserve me from trouble;
- You shall surround me with songs of deliverance
- vs. 10-11
- Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;
- But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him.
- Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, your righteous;
- And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
Psalms 103 reminds us to:
- Bless the Lord, O my soul;
- And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
- Bless the Lord, O my soul,
- And forget not all His benefits;
- Who forgives all your iniquities,
- Who heals all your diseases,
- Who redeems your life from destruction,
- Who crowns you with loving kindness & tender mercies,
- Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
- So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
in Isaiah 61:1-3 it says:
- The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me
- Because the Lord has anointed Me
- Tod preach good tidings to the poor;
- He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
- To proclaim liberty to the captives,
- And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
- To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
- And the day of vengeance of our God,
- To comfort all who mourn,
- To console those who mourn in Zion,
- To give them beauty for ashes,
- The oil of joy for mourning;
- The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
- That they may be called trees of righteousness,
- The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.
This last scripture speaks of Jesus coming to earth and what His work on Earth was meant for, how it would be to save us from our sins, by overcoming death for us all, by His death on the cross. Our God is a gracious God, a loving God, shown to us by his words on the cross when He said 'Father forgive them for the know not what they do'-how many of us could say this if were in this situation.
May each of you know this peace that comes form God. Know His love that only He can give. God' blessings to you all.